Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Paranormal Activity--in the area!

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Paranormal Activity--in the area!

    Its showing starting tomorrow in Johnson City. If anybody actually gets to go see it, please update us. It's had about as universally positive reviews as a horror type film has in a good while. If I can figure out a way I'm gonna go see it.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Paranormal Activity--in the area!

    I would go see it out of curiosity I think - it's getting good reviews across the board.

    I'm not sure if it would affect me/mess with my head that much though - I'm a serious non-beliver in the paranormal. But it could still be a good movie.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Paranormal Activity--in the area!

    pretty decent flick, not as scary as what i was expecting, actually wasnt scary at all, just one of those movies that had everyone in the audience quiet and listening, and then when something did happen, that is what caused the frights
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  4. #4
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Paranormal Activity--in the area!

    demonic possession flick? That's what I get from all the reviews and the way the trailer is set up?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Paranormal Activity--in the area!

    yea, pretty much man... guy and girl live together, start hearing things in house, guy buys video camera, girl admits to being haunted all her life, guy tries to do things to **** off the demon, he succeeds..... and dont wanna give up the ending though..but all in all, i mean it was a good movie, one part (and if anyone goes and sees it), about made me jump out of my chair, like i said earlier, because of how quiet the audience is bc everyone is staring at the screen looking and listening for something
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  6. #6
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Paranormal Activity--in the area!

    that's what I thought... I went and decided to read about the movie. I want to see the movie, so I can actually see that ending, and not just the snippet in the trailer.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member shwalker32's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2006
    Posts
    938
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Paranormal Activity--in the area!

    starting in norton on friday!!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Paranormal Activity--in the area!

    its not worth it imo, almost as bad as the blair witch project

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Paranormal Activity--in the area!

    I'm going to totally disagree. Blair Witch lived initially by people thinking it was 'real'. I don't think movie tried to play that. It was just a good, sit on your edge of the seat movie. You was ready for things to happen and then they did, you jumped. It wasn't a blood/guts horror, just a things that go bump in the night movie. When the time lapse would slow down, you couldn't help but finding yourself going oh no.

    Theater was crammed and people were definitely into the movie.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •